Today’s meditation explores the symmetry between the Feast of Weeks of the Old Testament, and Pentecost. We jump around a lot:
- Moses goes to Sinai and God descends on it in fire (Ex 19:18.) This represents the birth of the nation of Israel as a theocracy: the giving of the Law.
- This was the first Feast of Weeks at Mt Sinai, 50 days after passover (Ex 19:1.)
- Later “official” Feasts of Weeks: Lev 23:15.
- That day, 3000 Israelites died in rebellion (because Aaron made them a golden calf to worship at the foot of the mountain: Ex 32:28).
- Joel prophesied that when the Holy Spirit fell there would be prophecy, visions, and dreams (Joel 2:28-29).
- John the Baptist prophesied the Holy Spirit would come with fire (Matt 3:11)
- The New Covenant fulfillment of the Feast of Weeks: Pentecost. The Holy Spirit falls as tongues of fire (Acts 2:1-12) and Peter quotes Joel (Acts 2:14-21).
- That day, 3000 new believers were added (Acts 2:41). Symmetry!
- Paul says the law kills but the spirit gives life later (Romans 7:10, 2 Cor 3:6)
SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to my wellness newsletter & get a FREE eBook: "10 Supplements Everyone Should Have." Plus, get 15% OFF your first order from my new online store! You may unsubscribe at any time.