I’m happy to announce that my book, “How to be Healthy: Body, Mind, and Spirit” is now available for purchase on Amazon in e-book and paperback formats!
This book is designed to be a simple guide to better health, based on the following premise:
If you give your body what it needs to heal itself and remove the obstacles to cure, then within reason, healing will follow.
Nature Cure is not easy to employ, but it is usually easy to understand. There are only so many building blocks, and there are only so many possible obstacles to cure. Our bodies are designed to heal themselves. The physician’s job is not to “make someone well,” but rather to facilitate the process of healing.
I include case studies (all names and identifying information removed, of course!) to help illustrate how this works in clinical practice. I also intersperse shorter clinical examples throughout the book to spice it up a little. 🙂
The next two sections are meant to be kind of a reference text more than a book you read straight through (though you can do that too). Pick those that you think sound like the building blocks you’re lacking and the obstacles to cure you might be dealing with, and really dig in to try and piece together your own puzzle (with the help of your own naturopathic physician, of course).
BUILDING BLOCKS I ADDRESS IN THIS BOOK:
- Macronutrients (protein, carbs and fats): how to recognize good ones and bad ones
- Micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, and amino acids): what you should be taking, how to test
- A healthy gut: all else being equal, what you need to do to keep it healthy
- Water, fresh air, and sunlight: underrated but all NECESSARY!
- Sleep: why it’s critical for your health, and how to make sure you’re getting the right kind
- Exercise: an overview of cardio, strength training, and stretching, and why all three are important
- Recreation: the importance of relaxing and having fun!
- Solid Relationships: why they’re not just necessary for quality of life; they’re also necessary for health… and how to cultivate them.
- Peace and a sense of purpose: finding meaning in your life and a spiritual connection.
OBSTACLES TO CURE I ADDRESS IN THIS BOOK:
- Toxic buildup from food: the specifics you need to look out for in processed junk
- Toxic buildup from personal care products, mold, or other chemicals: mold is too big a topic to cover in-depth here, so I lumped it in with other things that can make you toxic. But the stuff in our bodies and our houses can definitely do it. The specifics you need to avoid are here.
- Toxic buildup from pharmaceuticals: Did you know proper use of prescription meds is tied with stroke as the #4 cause of death in the US? Here, I tackle a few of the most commonly prescribed drugs and their risks.
- Toxic buildup from stress: When you’re stressed, whatever your weak link is has a tendency to blow. Here, I address how to eliminate some stressors when possible, and how to mitigate it when elimination isn’t under your control.
- Prolonged poor treatment —> an unhealthy gut: your gut is foundational to your health. Here are some of the things that can commonly go wrong, and what to do about them.
- Prolonged poor treatment —> a confused immune system. When your body withstands insults for long enough, one of the things that can go wrong is immune function, resulting in allergies or autoimmunity. Here’s how to recognize it and what to do about it.
- Prolonged poor treatment —> Exhausted Adrenals: When you’re stressed for too long or too severely (physically or emotionally), your body has a hard time healing itself or fighting off inflammation. Here’s what that looks like, and what to do about it.
- Prolonged poor treatment —> Hormones gone haywire: here I discuss mostly thyroid and sex hormones: how they get disturbed and what to do about it.
- Toxic thoughts and limiting beliefs: sometimes it’s our own mindsets that are standing in the way of health.
Please pick up a copy, leave me a review, and share with your loved ones! 🙂
SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to my wellness newsletter & get a FREE eBook: "10 Supplements Everyone Should Have." Plus, get 15% OFF your first order from my new online store! You may unsubscribe at any time.