Prep Time: 15-20 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Servings: 24
A moist low fat chocolate brownie alternative. For weight watchers, only 2 ww points per serving. No oil or egg used.
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 small or medium bananas mashed
- 1 1/2 cup sugar (1/2 c stevia – use a little more next time)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 2 cups all purpose flour (whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour an 9×13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the applesauce, mashed bananas and sugar.
- Add vanilla and cocoa and mix together.
- Then add baking soda, salt, and zucchini and mix together.
- Add flour and walnuts and mix together.
- Spread evenly into a prepared pan. Bake for 25 minutes until brownies spring back when gently touched.
*This recipe was originally found at SparkRecipes.
Have you made a dessert with zucchini? Post the recipe in the comments!
For daily tips in your news feed, Like Dr. Lauren on Facebook!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER
Subscribe to my wellness newsletter & get a FREE eBook: "10 Supplements Everyone Should Have." Plus, get 15% OFF your first order from my new online store! You may unsubscribe at any time.