Mexican Bean Salad
Prep Time: 15 min | Total Time: 15 min | Servings: 10
I like to mix it up with salads that are not greens-based just for variety. This one is fun and different!
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 (15 oz) can kidney beans, drained
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 (10 oz) package of frozen corn
- One rib chopped celery
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Handful of black olives
1 tbsp coconut palm sugar
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp salt
1 clove crushed garlic
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
1/2 tbsp pepper
1 dash hot pepper sauce
1/2 tsp chili powder
- Boil the corn in water seasoned with your favorite spices (I used Cajun)
- Combine beans, bell peppers, frozen corn and red onion in bowl
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, lemon juice, sugar, salt, garlic, cilantro, cumin, and pepper.
- Season to taste with hot sauce and chili powder
- Pour dressing over vegetables and mix well.
For daily tips in your news feed, Like Dr. Lauren on Facebook!