- 2 large bananas
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (or any kind of chocolate chips)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup natural peanut butter (or any kind of nut butter)
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Set out a large plate or bowl with a piece of parchment or wax paper on it. Alternatively, you can use a rubbermaid container for easier storage.
- Cut up the bananas into good-sized chunks. Each banana should give you around 5 to 6 pieces.
- Heat the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave on high for about one minute. Then stir until smooth.
- Dip the banana pieces in the chocolate-peanut butter mixture. Spread them out evenly on the parchment/wax paper, making sure to leave some space in between each piece. When you’ve “covered” them all, use the remaining mixture to spoon over the tops (for even more chocolatey goodness).
- Sprinkle the unsweetened coconut flakes on top.
- Transfer to the freezer for about an hour, or until hardened.
- You can enjoy them after an hour. However, they won’t be fully frozen yet–and when they’re fully frozen, the banana tastes like vanilla ice cream… I suggest covering them with some plastic wrap and freeze overnight.
*This recipe was adapted from (Never) Homemaker.
Do you have a favorite frozen chocolate banana bites recipe? Post in the comments!
For daily tips in your news feed, Like Dr. Lauren on Facebook!