No Bake Chocolate Protein Bars
Prep Time: 10 min | Total Time: 30 min | Servings: 12
Delicious, free of refined sugar, and no baking required!
- 1 cup raw nuts (I used pecans)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 packet (1.5 oz) of plant-based vanilla protein powder (I used Garden of Life)
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, ideally with no refined sugar. You can also use these homemade 3 ingredient chocolate bars instead!
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Spray a square cooking pan, 8 by 8, with coconut oil. Alternatively, you can use muffin tins and just cut them in half at the end!
- Chop 1/4 cup of the nuts and set them aside.
- Add the remaining 3/4 cup of nuts and the salt to either a powerful blender (Bullet, Vitamix) or a food processor. Blend until you have nut butter (the butter shouldn’t have any big chunks left in it and should stick together, but will still be crumbly).
- Add the oats, protein powder, and maple syrup, and blend until smooth.
- Press mixture into the pan or tin with your fingers. Top with the chopped nuts and press them into the bars.
- Microwave chocolate chips or coconut chocolate bars in a glass bowl until melted. Drizzle chocolate over the protein bars.
- Put the bars in the fridge for 20 minutes before cutting. This will give them a chance to harden.
What’s your favorite protein bar recipe? Post in the comments!
For daily tips in your news feed, Like Dr. Lauren on Facebook!