Blueberry Pancakes (Gluten Free, Egg Free, Dairy Free )
Prep Time: 15 min | Total Time: 25 min | Servings: 4 pancakes per cup of pancake mix
This makes a great Christmas morning breakfast, even if you’re trying to avoid allergens! They still taste fantastic. Not quite candida-friendly, but… can’t have everything.
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1 /4cup oat bran
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/8 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 tbsp baking powder
- 1/8 tbsp baking soda
- 1/16 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/16 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tbsp chia seeds + 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened flax milk
- 1/2 cup Frozen blueberries
- Mix water and chia seeds; set aside
- Melt coconut oil if it’s not already liquified. Add melted coconut oil to flax milk, and add water and chia. Whisk until blended.
- Add the dry ingredients, and mix until blended.
- Add the frozen blueberries.
- Let the batter rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the griddle to medium high with an oil (I like to use avocado oil) to prevent sticking
- Pour 1/4 of the batter onto the griddle in four pancakes. Cook until bubbles come up in the middle of each pancake (about 5 minutes) and then flip.
- Serve by themselves (I like them this way!) or with butter and syrup if you prefer. Or, puree some frozen fruit and water in a blender and use this as a healthy syrup alternative!
For daily tips in your news feed, Like Dr. Lauren on Facebook!